Universal Acceptance Criteria for SAMM
From Emprise Wiki
Generic (Popup) Screen Requirements
- When initially opened screens shall not display the previously populated values of any fields.
- When loading data from the database screens shall provide the user with an indication the data is loading, When rendering the loaded data the screen shall provide the use with an indication the data is rendering. When loading and rendering is complete all such indication shall disappear.
- Unless otherwise specified all data shall load and render in a supported non I.E browser in less than 2 seconds. All data shall load and render in a supported I.E browser in less than 5 seconds.
- A user shall be able to use the tab key to cycle through (activate) the screen controls and fields. The cycle shall be from top to bottom and left to right. Disabled fields or controls shall not be a tab stop. When a control such as a combo box or calendar is activated the space bar shall activate the control, once activated the user shall be able to use the arrow keys to select a value. When in a data entry field not associated with a control the entire field contents shall be selected by default allowing the user to immediately start typing a revised entry. When a user tabs to the last control and or field the next tab shall activate the top left control and or field and shall not return control to the calling screen or application.
Reusable (Popup) Screen Requirements
- Reusable screens shall be designed in such a way as to enable their use in all other SAMM Web modules or sub modules. Their use shall not be dependent upon the installation of the specific module or sub-module the screen was initially developed for but may be dependent upon the installation of a generic libraries module.
- The code for reusable screens shall exist in only one location and shall not be duplicated in any other module or sub-module needing access.
- When a reusable screen is developed an interface specification must also be developed, this specification shall include at a minimum the location or URL of the module, input and output parameter requirements and formats.
Generic Add / Edit Screen Requirements
When a screen provides for the addition or editing of data these generic requirements shall be met.
- When adding or editing data the user shall be able to visually recognize required fields.
- Data validation requirements shall be defined for each screen. Whenever possible the user shall be alerted to an invalid data entry as soon as the entry is made and not when he has accepted or committed all entries for the screen.
- When a control exists to save an addition or modification of data it shall not be enabled until data has been added or modified.
- If the screen provides for the addition of multiple objects the user shall be able to save any additions made and continue work in the screen.
- When the adding or editing of data involves a database the screen must receive confirmation from the database that the data was saved. A value of greater than zero will indicate success a value of zero or less will indicate failure. When a failure occurs the database shall return an error message to the application which shall be displayed to the user. Whenever possible the user shall be allowed to try to save the data again or cancel the operation.
- Unless otherwise specified by UI|UX requirements a screen providing the ability to add or edit data shall not provide the ability to close the screen by any means other than a clearly identified control ( no top right x ).